Monday 27 May 2013

Happiness comes from Gratitude & appreciation (3)

Gratitude and Appreciation







People in society 

  1. The whole nation support me and groom me to be who I am today! Thank you Singapore for giving me everything! I love Singapore, my homeland! Singapore will always be a part of me!

  2. All taxpayers pay and contributed to my education as my education for my whole life is heavily subsidized by taxpayers (since young)! 
    For two years in UNi , I live on bursary and live a very decent and financially stable life! I cherish every cents that is given to me and spend them wisely. I know deep in my heart this is the gift of Singaporeans to me and I will not waste them. Thank you Singaporeans! 




    sing along my friend! 
    where we belong!
    If we singaporeans don't love singapore, who will? ^.^
    Find the love in your heart, you will find happiness all day long! 
    (sorry its blur)

  3. The government did their very best to benefit me the citizen of the nation! Many things are done unseen just like a students will not be able to know how much a teacher has done for them until... Things do not come so easy. Singapore is totally build on decades of hard work! Many times, many things , many people in our lives are taken for grated as we are 'blind' and do not recognise the things that everyone has given us. Thank you!
  4. Construction workers build my house and all the road that I walk on everyday( and all buildings all around singapore). Without them, I have no shelter above me and no proper road to walk on! 
  5. Drivers (bus drivers, train drivers, taxi drivers) assist me in commuting to various locations around Singapore. They are very important to me and build the supportive and indispensable part of my life.
  6. Deliveryman deliver products to me and their presence give me great convenience. Deliverymen ensure the smooth transportation of gadgets, products and food all over Singapore and the world. Their hard work need to be recognised!   
  7. Cleaners contribute to the cleanliness of my environment ( school, parks, malls, residential estates, hawker centers, almost everywhere). A saint once comment: Cleaners hold the same career similar to me. The only difference is that I purify the heart of mankind while cleaners purify the dirtiness in our physical environment.  
    How touching:)!
  8. Technical assistants assist me in the recovery of my spoiled gadgets and resolve my technical problems that I cannot resolve myself.can i live without them?

  9. All occupations contribute in one way or another in my life and I am really grateful for all that they have given me!
    Each occupation complete the in capabilities in me!
    Thank you sososo much!


People who hurt and harm me


All saints teachings urgue us to live with a big heart to forgive and forget and not hold grudge against anyone. A truly good person will have only friends and no foe!

Why we need to be grateful to people who harm/hurt me:
  1. It is a test whether I truly practice saints' teachings.
  • 恩要报,怨要忘。
  1. They help me to cultivate the virtue of love, forgiveness and tolerance. Without them, how do I learn to forgive and how do I learn how to tolerate ( already elaborated in other posts). My Buddhist teacher say: “ People treat you as their foe but you will treat them as friends (hopefully touch them one day)”
  • Incident 1: During my secondary schools days ( upper sec), one friend name Mandy approached me out of a sudden and apologised to me. She said: “ I feel really sorry because I constantly badmouth behind your back yet you treat me so nicely!” I was greeted with this yet I was so glad that I was unaware of what she gossiped and never wanted to know. I know even the worst person who treat me terribly will be move by me if I treat them nicely!


There are just too much to be grateful of. Too much to continue so I stop here.



Be grateful for the little things in our lives!
Appreciate every person that become part of or simply pass by our life!
Nothing can stay still forever! So cherish every moment and every person, and don’t leave any regrets!


The Love from society will give me the drive to live my everyday and I will contribute to my utmost ability!
Society has done so much, what have we done in return?

社会为我做了这么多,我为社会做了什么?




No comments: