Thursday 23 May 2013

Happiness comes from Gratitude & appreciation (2)

Gratitude and appreciation


 Nature

Thank you oxygen for making me alive and inhaling you make me feel grateful! 
Thank you water for quenching my thirst and giving me strength to live everyday!
Thank you sunlight/sunshine for giving me brightness! And supporting the food chain for human's survival(food)!
Thank you father sun for waking mankind up everyday and providing me with such a beautiful scenery! 
Thank you wind for keeping me cool and making me happy when I feel you! 
Thank you rain for making Singapore cooler as Singapore's hotness is unbearable at times!
Thank you trees for absorbing the toxin fumes human produce and giving me oxygen to breathe! 
Thank you trees for your greatness shade me from the hot sun. You are the lungs of earth. 
Thank you little courageous grass as I will be as strong as you. No matter how human step on you, you always has the attitude "Be strong and never say die".
Thank you pretty lovely flower for beautifying my environment and adding colours to the greenery created by trees and grasses!
Thank you mighty ocean for making me feel so great standing by the sea. The breeze takes away all problems. The waves tells me I must be sturdy to face the many challenges in life! You give me so much strength! I feel so good when I look at the borderless ocean. And you open my heart! You somehow taught me the virtue: " Have a big heart"!

Stop being so BUSY and miss NATURE's beauty!
Learn to appreciate Mother nature as Mother nature is giving us SO MUCH that we always MISS to appreciate each day!

Food


Whenever I consume food, it is a plate/bowl of LOVE! (Unconditional love)

My teacher teach me to say these before eating:
 "感谢父母养育子恩。           
Thank you mum and dad for bringing me up.
   感谢老师辛勤教导。           
Thank you teachers for teaching me.
   感谢同学/朋友关心帮助。  
Thank you my friends for your care and support.
   感谢农夫辛勤劳作。   
Thank you farmers for the hard labour.
   感谢所有付出的人。”        
Thank you everyone who has contribute to this plate of ...

How many people have contributed for all the meals that I consume everyday!

I am a vegetarian and my source of energy comes from vegetable, nuts, fruits, soya milk, etc.


  1. Farmers help to grow the precious food that I cherish and consume each day. Vegetables need oxygen, sunlight, water, and the right temperate to grow. Farmers use their heart, sweat, and physical power to ensure I am energize each day! Farmers have to first loosen the soil and mix fertilizers in. Next, farmers have to plant seedling, water and weed the crops and ... lastly when the crops are grown fully, farmers have to harvest them! Hard labour! All these takes months with substantial effort and hard work and we consume them in a meal! Nothing comes so easily!

  2. After the harvest, the crops are being sold and transported by deliveryman. I have worked in a warehouse before and I personally experience their laborious work. Additionally, my dad worked as a delivery man previously and its real hard labor. It is beyond what you can imagine! Only when I experience it myself, then I can truly appreciate it. Thank you deliveryman for you are vital for the transportation of goods around Singapore and the world.

  3. Packaging. People have to pack the food in a presentable way before selling them in the market. The time and effort is well appreciated. 
  4. Mum/dad/uncle/aunt have to buy and carry the heavy bags of raw food from wet market/ supermarket. 
  5. Raw food have to be cook! After learning how to cook, then I realize cooking is not an easy task! I need to first wash the vegetable, prepare the food and get ready to cook. The kitchen is hot and cooking in front of the stove makes me cherish much much more. I learn to be grateful. 习劳之感恩!Thoughts: The person who consume the food will not truly know how tough it is to prepare and cook the food. (especially dumplings粽子!)

Here come MY FOOD OF LOVE!
nothing comes so easily!
Love from many in the society.

Can I not appreciate what others have done for me?
plus 25,000 people die daily because of hunger and hunger-related causes (UN, reference from http://www.poverty.com/)

So many people have contributed to the meals that I have, can I waste a single bit of food?
I cherish and will consume every single rice grain and everything in my plate!


Cherish the little things in life! 

No comments: