Monday 22 July 2013

Learn from the Good (2)

Learn the desirable characteristics of others 
I will become better! 

Family 
(1) Grandmother 
a. Filial. 
b. Save a life!  I should have been died by now if I do not have my maternal granny! 我的命是捡回来的!It will be a miracle for me  to write this blog! This blog will never be created! ... The Doctor told my mum to abort me during her pregnancy because of some abnormalities in me 头脑有水. However and fortunately, my grandmother  wanted me to live and told my parents even if I  am abnormal they cannot kill (abort) me. 

My parents decided to transfer to a small private hospital and the doctor said I'm normal. Also, mum prayed a lot. Eventually, I was born in the private hospital normal and healthy. I am in my   twenties now and still very healthy in fact!  I visit the doctor rarely as I am a healthy vegetarian:)  Stop abortion! Cruel! My grandma saved my life!
me 
(2) Dad 




a. Filial! Since my paternal granny move out of my house (when I am still very small), my dad will make his trip to my uncle’s place to visit grandma every month, for more than twenty years. My granny is more than 85 years old now and still pretty healthy. Additionally, my dad has a very good mother-son relationship with my  granny and they  will chat on the phone sometimes. Whenever granny needs help,  dad  will  do the necessary.


I only realise the importance of visiting granny after I learn from Saints’ teachings and since then, for 6 years, my whole family will be visiting granny monthly. I do not like to watch dramas so I will help granny with stuff like laying her mattress, sweep and mop the floor, wash plates, etc. 
Uncle told us that granny is always happy after our visit :) 

b. Tolerance! 
Suppose my dad isn’t tolerant and loving, my family would have been broken! My parents could have divorced. There are many terrible things that happened when I was a baby and a toddler, and even before I come into this world... I have a complete family merely because my grandparents, my paternal family and my dad are very understanding and forgiving. My dad is a man of his words  pulling through all difficulties in his marriage though he can well give up long ago. He tolerates a lot a lot! Sometimes, I even feel that I am not as tolerant as my dad. Despite the challenges, we face them bravely, and actually, it is a small matter depends on how you view it.


Love 

 I introduce Saints teachings and the Buddha’s teachings into my family. These teachings really make my family more bonded and really harmonious. Currently, my family rarely has conflict:) because we are immersed into the world of Saints' teachings! 

 Tolerance, forgiveness and love are the key to family  happiness. Also, when interacting with people especially family, money and self-benefit are two important ‘things’ to forgo. Otherwise,  conflicts may follows and become a norm in a family.   















(3) Mother 
a. Filial. Sometimes, my maternal grandmother will scold mum very   fiercely and strictly...sometimes it is pretty frequent....now it’s not...yet mum does not seem to take it to heart. Mum will still visit my grandmother quite frequently more than twice/twice a month). I am not as good as my mum as I may get very unhappy (sometimes) when my mum scold me. I should learn from mum!

b. Thrifty and good management of Money. My mum is ‘The minister of wealth in my family and she manages our expenditures well.  Without good management, my family could be in a bad state, especially when my family is in the lower income bracket. Because of mum, financial crisis isn’t a crisis for us as she saves  previously. My family is very thrifty and mum plays a key role in ensuring we  live within our means. She imparts to me the important quality of thriftiness. Since my graduation from Junior College and for the whole of my university life, I am financially independent and there is $0  allowance for me. On average, I spend $100 per month in the university, which is unbelievable for many people. I only buy things that are necessary.  俭以养德 。



I will learn to be filial to my parents, tolerant towards others, and will plead others to keep a little life when they want to abort him/her . I will learn to manage my money well and live within my means! ^.^


No comments: