Tuesday 16 July 2013

When you observe others do wrong, immediately reflect upon yourself (7)

Saints' Teachings 
《弟子规》
(1) 见人恶 即内省 有则改 无加警
      When I see others do wrong, immediately reflect upon myself.
       If I have made the same mistake, correct it.
       If I do not have such flaws/errors, I will be extra cautious not to make the same                    mistakes.

I have 6 posts on how I apply the above teaching . This shows how important this teaching is.
My teacher's elaborated teachings on the this teaching.

细讲《弟子规》  32集
31:00- 50:00 mins


Other related teachings of Saints.

(2) {只看别人的好。不看别人的不好。不要把别人的垃圾放进自己纯净纯善的心中}
         I should not make my benevolent/pure kind heart a trash bin for others' bad 
         Character/behavior/attitude/ actions /words/etc... 
         I should put only the good of people into my heart; the bad/flaws in people should be
         forgiven, forgotten and thrown away.  
(3) Saint Christ's teaching: Love Keeps no record of Wrong 

(4) 《弟子规》 揚人惡    即是惡    疾之甚     禍且作
Spreading rumors about the wrongdoings of others is a wrongdoing in itself. When the harm done has reached the extreme, misfortunes will surely follow.
宣扬别人的恶,是一件恶事。做多了,当我造成很大的伤害(到了极处),灾祸就跟着降临!
宣揚別人的惡,是件惡事。做多了,當傷害達到了極處,災禍就跟著降臨了。

(5) In Buddhism, the Buddha says: " 若真修道人不见世间过!". In other words, a person who is cultivating his/her personality (for good) should not see the bad and evils in the world. Because everything is a reflection of ourselves and the wrongs that we must not have.



No comments: