Tuesday 9 July 2013

When you observe others do wrong, immediately reflect upon yourself (3)

《弟子规》-信篇
见人恶   即内省  有则改   无加警
When I observe/realise others do wrong (actions/words/behaviour), I must immediately reflect upon myself.
If I have made the same error/ mistake or has the same flaws/faults, I will correct it.
If not, I will take extra care to not make the same mistake as him/her.
见到别人做恶,自己要即时反省。
如果我犯了同样的过失,要马上把它改正。
如果没有,我要更加以警惕自己不要去犯。


Incident 4
A month ago, I went to grandma's house. When I watch the TV drama, I really understand why my teachers don’t watch TV and advise me not to watch.  The reason being in these dramas the good values are not being portray but rather the bad mindset/ perspective is always being shown to the masses. It really portrays bad people and cruel things in life and make life complicated though there are still positive ones (very little positive -too little as compared to the negative ones). Next time round, I said to myself: “please be pure and don’t watch. Go aside and do your own stuff. Sign”

My reflection after watching the Drama:
1.      The drama shows a heartless man who has hurt and harm a lady who did soso much sacrifice for him since young. What he desire is money,status and fame which blinded him to cause so much harm to people who loved him. 忘恩负义!I reflect so much so I DON’t wanna be like the bad guy! The guy is handsome in appearance but cruel at heart. I will not be like him and MUST not be. I myself have to really be grateful to people and always remember what others have done for me and never forget it! I cannot be like the man and bite the hand that feeds him! I cannot be a heartless person. 感恩啊!Sometimes I tend to forget or put aside or fail to observe the good that others have done for me, I sincerely repent deeply. Heartfelt! 
Sometimes, I really forget, please my friend/ someone please do remind me!

2.      Also, the Man committed adultery/ extramarital affairs. Marriage is a vow/promise for a lifetime! It is a vow/promise to take care of someone and to bring happiness for that person for the rest of his/her life. It is built on trust, hope, love and happiness and must be upheld even in times of hardship and terrifying circumstances (in thick and in thin). No matter what happens to married spouse has to go through thick and thin and must not desert each other no matter what happen. It is a lifetime commitment, please don't take it lightly! Once married, two people will become one entity.

Please read


Back to the TV drama: How much pain has such man cause to someone who believe in him and has given him her hand to bring her happiness for the rest of her life! Such a trust must not be broken! Marriage is a vow that is so great that cannot be taken lightly and divorce is a sin! Divorce is not in my dictionary! What is the point of getting married when one will divorce eventually?! Once you wanna get married, then don’t divorce. IF you wanna divorce, then don’t get married. 要结婚就不要离婚(爱体谅宽容)。要离婚就不要结婚。 No matter how tough it’s gonna be, please pull through it bravely! When someone is married, he/she must never ever commit / conduct adultery actions. He/she must be very faithful and committed to the one and only one person in their life. If I see others commit adultery, I will plead them not to! 

3.      I will not be a third party to break any marriage of others. A good gal/lady/women or a boy/guy/man will never ever commit such sinful and cruel deed! 不孝、不弟、不仁、不义、无礼、无信的行为(残忍毁别人的家庭)! 不知羞耻。不知廉耻。A person who does not have shame will destroy the others’ family. 『宁拆十座桥,不破一桩婚』I can destroy many things in life but it is never right to destroy a family! How much pain is the third person (the extramarital affair partner) causing another person (the wife/husband of…) for his/her so-called 'happiness'? Too great (pain) to even write in words! How selfish adultery is! I will never be a third party, I promise!

4.      After watching the TV drama, my family went home. Dad got influence and spoke like the people in the drama- rude and unmanned. I will not talk like people in those dramas! I will learn from saints and sages!

5.      Dad got influenced by the drama I guess, we chat… and he said that it is perfectly
alright/normal/right for human to make use of each other for their own benefit. I do not wanna be rude and speak back. I kept silent. Actions will speak a thousand words. I will use myself to prove it wrong! In my heart, I tell myself: I will never ever agree that people should make use of each other… because when I need help… I approach my friends but it is definitely not making use of them. Friends should help each other in times of need and I will never allow myself to make use of others. In Buddhism, to take advantage of others is committing and breaking the rule of ‘NOT STEAL’. Taking people’s things without permission is stealing, so is taking advantage of people. I will never purposefully take advantage of people and do it with a … motive. That is EVIL! Sinful! We are here on earth for the serve of mankind and not for our selfish needs. A person who serves and contribute to the well-being and welfare of Mankind/people/others is the happiest person on earth—this is something that I experience so strongly! Because giving is receiving! When I do everything for myself then I will leave a super miserable life… the happiness is fake and unreal.

6.      The drama shows revenge or rather the thought of revenging and this is something I will never ever do. No Saints/sages/Buddha will agree/approve to revenge. I even wrote a 2000 word philosophy essay to prove revenge is morally wrong and unjustifiable! No matter who hurt me, I will tolerate and forgive as what all saints teach me. Always love, forgive, forget and forget myself!

7.      After watching the drama, I realize something about myself, I am a very sentimental and emotional person, far too emotional, I cry/tear very easily! SmileyPeace you need and have to learn to be less sentimental and live a life of wisdom. TV drama is like a dream and it is fake. Watch it like a test of your own ability to be unmoved by it no matter what the characters in the drama do. Despite so, I do understand it actually do happen in real-life.

8.
·         『近朱者赤,近墨者黑!』 The dictionary’s explanation is “ He who stays near vermilion get stained red, and he stays near ink gets stained black  —one takes one on the color of one’s company.” If I befriend and get close to a good person, I will eventually be influenced and become a better person. Should I befriend and stay close to a bad person, sooner or later, I will get influence and eventually become like the bad person. This is the power of influence.

·         Here is another teaching from 《弟子规》:
能亲仁  无限好  的日进   过日少』
If I can be close to and learn from people of great virtue and compassion, I will benefit immensely. My virtues will grow daily and my wrongdoings will lessen day by day.
如果我能亲近又能跟随有德行的人学习,我会受到他好的影响,而能得到无限的好处。我的德行会日日进步,过失天天会减少。

『不亲仁   无限害   小人进   百事坏 
If I choose not to be close to and learn from people of great virtue, I will suffer a great loss. People without virtue will get close to me and nothing I attempt will succeed.
如果我不肯亲近又不肯跟随有德行的人学习,我会受到他坏的影响,我的损失是很大的。 没有德行的小人,会跟你越来越近,到时我做什么事都不会成功。


One has to make the choice in choosing the influence that one desire to have. Is those TV drama good or bad influence?  To me, it is a bad influence, so as much as possible I will not watch. I will always be with the Saints ( as much as possible). 受佛菩萨、古圣先贤、圣人、贤人、君子的教导。亲近弟子规及古人的经典,神交古人,受他们良好的教育!I really believe I must really put in great effort in learning the saints’ teachings frequently/daily  as they are a good influence to me! Do not watch tv dramas as it will impart into me the wrong attitude and perspective in life! It is very important to choose the right shows to watch. If I choose wrongly, I will be under bad influences. Choose wisely!
Many lessons learnt 


见人恶   即内省  有则改   无加警
When I observe/realize others do wrong (actions/words/behavior), I must immediately reflect upon myself.
If I have made the same error/ mistake or has the same flaws/faults, I will correct it.
If not, I will take extra care to not make the same mistake as him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment